Wednesday, February 6, 2008


I got a call today about 2:30 at Jen's house. I had just gotten there to visit... I looked at my cell phone and thought... nobody is going to call in the hour I am going to be here. So, Jen answered and it was Ray. When I got on the phone, Ray told me that Colin was hurt at school. He fell and hurt his shoulder. I knew it had to be bad, because Colin isn't one to complain or call home. I went straight to the school and when I walked in, I saw Mrs G in the office with Colin. Colin had an ice pack on his left collar bone. I knew right away, he had broken his collar bone. I took him to Dr. Memmott's office and he felt and confirmed that his collar bone was broken. He put him in an arm sling and a figure 8 collar and sent us to St. Marks for an x-ray. He said he just wanted to make sure there was no further damage. He said to go home after the x-ray and he would call us.

After the x-ray, the radiologist said he thought it would be best if we stayed at the hospital while he called Dr Memmott. After about 25 minutes, Dr Memmott called radiology and asked for me. He said that Colin had done a doozy on his collar bone. He broke it in 2 places. So, we will be seeing the Orthopedic Surgeon tomorrow to see if he needs to have a pin put in. Colin is in a lot of pain and quite anxious. I am hoping he won't be hurting as bad in the morning!

2 comments:

Jason & Jennifer Lott said...

Poor Colin! I hope they can find a quick resolution and the pain can be minimized.

Jeanette said...

Sorry I haven't checked back in with you, just got back from Grandpa's funeral and was wondering how Collin is doing. Did he need surgery?

Hoping all is well. Oh, and I am tagging you, post seven random things about yourself and tag four more people.