My J is a rather quiet kiddo. He doesn't spend time with friends outside of school. He had a best friend, Peter...but Peter moved to a new school tis year, and that kind of threw J for a loop. I am always encouraging him to do things with friends, but he's always been too shy to call them, or go to their houses.
This week, he went to Woodys (a little fast-food place a block away from our house) on Tuesday... And then made plans to go there again after school today. I love it when he makes plans because I worry about him not having friends. So, today after he got home, he asked if he could go to Christian's house. Christian is a boy who moved in a couple months ago, and lives about a block from us. I was excited that he would be interested in hanging out with a friend.
But, when i got home, J was here watching TV. I said, "I thought you were going to Christian's house" and he told me that there was no answer at the house. So, i asked him if he would like me to take him by the house since i was headed out again, and he said yes!! To most people this is no big thing, but this is huge for J. He is so quiet and shy and would never think about calling a friend before. I drove him over there, and they said he could hang out for awhile. A coupled hours later, i went by there to see if he was ready to come home, and he wasn't. He stayed over there until 7pm. :) and, he had a great time. It's such a happy day, when something i've worried about for quite awhile turns out ok! :)
1 comment:
I had NO idea that Jake was shy!! Turns out that me and Jake are the same!! I was just like that when I was little- and still am kinda to this day!! Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment