So, today I had kind of a hard day. I've realized in a friendship of mine, that I need to give myself some space... and it's really hard for me. I am really struggling with it! Anyway, a good friend of mine gave me some advice, and I am actually going to record it here for myself... so I can read over it occasionally. :)
Her husband recently gave her the same advice...
She said, "you don't have to let go like that...
placing the boundary doesn't mean killing the relationship...
or the love..
it just means give things some room...
it's a change..not forever...
just until things change, and they will
they always do."
Don't look at it like there has to be a big discussion or even anything permanent decided.
just put some distance and let that be."
Thanks SO much!! I really needed that!
2 comments:
{{{Hugs}}}
Sometimes I wish all friendships could be effortless but in all reality they take just as much work as a marriage, and sometimes not talking to my husband for a little bit is a good thing, abscence makes the heart grow fonder, lets us realize what we miss about that person and what we appreciate, and a little distance lets us forget what we were irritated about.
And sadly, some relationships just can't be fixed, but most just take a little effort to get them back on track.
Hoping your friendship is back on track soon!
that's very good advice. I sort of got something like that from a friend. "Everyone has their bad things, try to remember the good things." I would hope someone would do the same for me
Post a Comment