Twas the night before Easter... and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. When all of a sudden arose such a clatter, I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter! It was the smoke alarm going off at 2:15 am. YIKES! I woke Ray up and asked "Is that smoke I smell?" and then I told him, "GET THE KIDS!" We have 2 downstairs, so he was headed down there and I hurried into the kitchen and turned on the light, the house was FILLED with smoke. And it was then I noticed and remembered... "OH YEAH, I put 2 dozen eggs on to boil at 11:00".
So, I called Ray back up and walked in to survey the damage. HOLY COW! The kitchen was COVERED in eggs! There were eggs exploded all over the floor, on the ceiling and all around the room! So, Ray and I got everything cleaned up and went back to bed, where I lay with my heart about pounding out of my chest! What a scare!
So, now if you come to our house, don't be surprised when it smells like an old bar! The smoke smell is STILL here and it reaks! I'm not sure what it's going to take to get rid of it! Any ideas??
3 comments:
Now I know what exploded Easter eggs look like.......so happy you took pictures........I've been laughing for like 5 minutes now.
My nieces and nephews look darling.
ROTFLOL I thought nothing could top the Exploded Eggs at Girls Camp story. Literally thought we were being shot at. That was a real mess and we were outside.
I can only imagine the mess you had to clean up. But since now you are experienced......
When would you like to come and help me get Pepsi off the ceiling?
Holy CRAP!!!!
I am so thankful for your smoke alarm! And so glad that it was something *Minor* and not an actual fire that could have taken your whole house.
Most of all I am so thankful you are all safe and that this is something you will look back on and laugh (Eventually *Snicker) and not something that will haunt you forever.
Love you, glad you're safe, even if you do smell like burn rotten eggs *teehee*
Now that I'm done having a heart attack I can see the humor in this.
When I first saw your pictures I thought Cam had been at it again :D I still remember the egg toss on the stairs.
Post a Comment