Missed a few days of journaling prompts. Some of them didn't inspire me, and some of them brought me a response that I wasn't comfortable with others reading. LOL! But here is todays response...
We have all had a song, movie, quote, speech or something reach down into the very depth of us and move us to an emotional place where we seldom visit. There are a few songs that move me like this. I have also had movies and often times art that move me in a powerful way but nothing moves me to tears like certain songs or music. I have been in the middle of singing or listening to a song and had to stop because it overtakes me. I have been in the middle of listening to Beethoven and felt like something just took my breath away. What MOVES you like that?
I am most often moved by songs. Some of my favorites are...
'You Find Out Who Your Friends Are'.....by Tracy Lawrence. This song totally moved me when we were on vacation a couple years ago. While on vacation, our dog (that was at home) went missing. Of course, we were several hundred miles away and couldn't go out looking, one of our friends spent a couple hours looking for her. I heard this song on the way home, and it rang true to my heart. You do find out who your friends are... when you are in a hard spot, who is willing to drop everything and help you??
Another song that recently made me think is, 'Sounds Like Life to Me' by Darryl Worley. It's about this guy who is at a bar, and his friend finds him there, and he's complaining about how hard his life is. His friend says, "Sounds like life to me, it ain't no fantasy. It's just a common case of everyday reality. Man I know it's tough, but you gotta suck it up. To hear you talk, you're caught up in some tragedy. It sounds like life to me." For some reason, it just hit me... that life isn't as hard as we make it sometimes. Funny thing is, I had just been in to see my doctor for a follow up on my depression. I was telling him how hard things had been for me. Telling him how stressed out I was. He said to me, "Sounds like normal stuff. I think you are just depressed, so you aren't dealing with it well". At first, I thought WHAT? this isn't normal stuff. I have all this stress. Then he started telling me some of what was going on in his life. (We are friends outside of our Dr/patient relationship) and I realized, he's right. LOL! A few days later I heard this song. :)
I have so much to be thankful for, and sometimes it takes me hearing it from somebody else to realize it.
No comments:
Post a Comment