Saturday, January 30, 2010

If there was one thing, event or action in your life that you could DO OVER if you were given the chance..What would it be? and WHY?

Hmmm... I thought a lot about this one and there are quite a few things I'd like to do over, but the one that stands out the most in my mind is this:

I'd like to start over having kids, knowing what I know now. I was so uptight and stressed out when Colin was little. So worried about the small stuff! I was way too strict with him. He had colic and was such a hard baby. I wish I would have realized that other things can wait, that he was my number one. I spent so much time stressing about what I wasn't getting done... so much time worrying about other things. I wish I could have just enjoyed him more! I was a firm believer in spanking then. I still believe an occasionaly spanking is called for. (I know... a controversial issue)But, at that time, I used it way too much. I have since learned how to communicate better with my children, so that I don't need to turn to that. Colin has turned out to be a super kid! Luckily, what I lacked, was made up for!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I wouldn't have taken the eating for two so seriously! My mom and Jason are to blame. I really, really wish I would have watched my weight, it is so hard to get a pound off, and it's causing me health problems. I also wished I was nicer to people, growing up.