Sunday, October 19, 2008







Yesterday, we went to CR's football game. It was such beautiful weather. He played all but about 3 plays in the game. He plays both offense and defense. CR did awesome! At one point, he came out crying. He had hurt his arm. It really freaked me out... because CR has been so tough with football and he hasn't cried. He's had some HUGE bruises. Anyway, I got out of my chair, and I walked over by him... but I knew it wouldn't be a good thing for me to try and talk to him because I tend to be a little emotional about my kids. :) (Imagine that!) The coach was working with him to "shake it off", and I walked over to get Ray because he is better at making the kids be tough. (in a loving way of course) By the time we got back to him, he was doing quite a bit better and was ready to go back in.

Thinking about this after the game made me realize how hard it is for me to step back and let my kids experience things for themselves. CR is growing up and I can't hold his hand for the rest of his life.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

That's such a hard lesson to learn, that we can't always protect them from harm, or hurt feelings, or tough lessons in life.

You're a great mom.

Candice said...

Thanks Jeanette! You are always so nice to me! Hugs!!

Kris said...

But i want to hold their hands forever :) Dosen't it make you think about their missions and marriage? It's all part of the training, I know, but it's so dang hard.