Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Life with Miss C

So, last Friday, Miss C started with a fever and was so crabby and lethargic. I decided at about 11pm to take her to the ER. I was worried because she was on antibiotics for her ears and I wondered if they weren't working... or what. Her fever was in the 103's and she had been on Tylenol and Advil all day long. They checked her out, did a Chest Xray and a Strep screen... looked at her ears, and everything and said they thought it must be something viral because everything was negative and she was on antibiotics. So, I brought her home at 2 am and we went to bed.

On Monday, we were still giving her Tylenol alternating with Advil every 3 hours and the fever was still getting high inbetween doses. So, I took her to see Dr Memmott. He checked her out again and decided to send her to Primary Children's hospital for some tests. Her tonsils were so swollen, they were almost closing her throat. They did a Viral Respiratory Panel... (That was the worst. They had to put a suction tube up her nose quite a ways and suck it out. She gagged and it was horrible. She HATED it!) They also drew some blood. They did a CBC and some tests for Mono.

Tuesday, she woke up with her lips dry, cracked and blood all over her teeth. She was throwing the worlds biggest temper tantrum and there was only one tear... and her mouth was almost dry. So, the nurse told me to take her back to Primary Childrens' to the ER to get some IV fluid. So, we went back up there... me in tears and they took a urine sample, (via catheter... which she loved! NOT!) and some more blood and placed her IV. She got 1 liter of fluid and it made a world of difference. While there, we got the results of her tests from the day before and she has Mono... go figure! How does a 2 year old get Mono? I am wondering if she happened to pick it up at the Tot Spot. I just don't know... Anyway, she has been sleeping a ton and SO DANG ORNERY! It helps me to be more patient knowing what is wrong.

It's probably been sort of a blessing in disguise for me. I have wanted to slow down for quite some time. I have SO Much going on and I just didn't know what to let go... but now I can't work at the Tot Spot for awhile. This morning, I was thinking how weird it was to get up and just relax with Cadee. We both had a much needed nap and just leisurely went through our day. I haven't done that in SO long!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Aww poor miss C, I hope she is on the mend soon. Sorry it's been such a rough week for you.

Marly said...

Poor baby. That just sounds miserable! Sorry she had to go through so much to get you to take a break. I'm glad you were able to find out what was wrong.

Gentrey said...

Poor Cadee and poor mom! Hope she gets better soon and your whole family has good health for Christmas.