Well, as of today, football is FINALLY over. J's team went to playoffs, and they played an awesome game today, but they lost. J's had a hard couple weeks. He's had walking pneumonia... and because he has been on oral steroids, and his immune system is totally compromised, he hasn't been in school for the past week. It's actually been nice having him home. Miss C has loved it!
On Monday night, he cut his hand right below the pinky finger. He was cutting a bagel and he went right through it, and into his hand. It was about 1 1/2 inches long, and really deep. So, he got stitches. He screamed and screamed. I kept telling the Dr, "That isn't like him. He's so easy going." They said that some kids have a shock factor and get like that. He screamed, "I don't want stitches, I want to go home! OUCH! OUCH!" etc. He was pulling his own hair and smacking his own head. WOW! That was terrible. Hopefully, he will be a bit easier when they take them out on Monday. LOL!
Then, last night, CS got up at about midnight and couldn't breathe. He had already had a breathing treatment about an hour before that. So, I decided it was time to take him to the ER. WOW! Primary Childrens' is terrible right now! We waited about 3 hours in the waiting room, and then another 3 hours in the room. They did a chest x-ray and a large volume nebulizer treatment. We finally left the hospital at about 6:30 am. I was totally exhausted and had to work hard to stay awake on the way home. I woke up to a terrible migraine about 11... so I threw up a few times, took some excedrin and went back to bed until 3:30, when I was able to drag myself out of bed.
2 comments:
Holy cow, Candice! Are you ready to scream, collapse, or both?
I'm so sorry that you have had such rough going lately, I hate this time of year.
I hope everyone at your house is on the mend soon and you get a little rest before the next round begins.
Post a Comment