Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Lot of Catching Up to do.....







So, the boys ended up getting coal on Christmas morning! The girls had presents under the tree, and the boys only had one box. They opened the box and inside was a letter from Santa and a chunk of coal. They immediatly started fighting over the coal! LOL! CR and J seemed a bit bummed, but CS didn't really seem to mind. After a few minutes of stewing, Ray told them that Santa had left their gifts, just in case we decided they deserved another chance, and so they were able to help Ray carry them in from the garage.



It was such a nice Christmas. This year I arranged our day a bit different. We spent Christmas Eve with my dad, and then my mom and Glen came to our house Christmas morning about 10:30 or so, we were actually able to stay home until Ray's family party at 4. It was so nice, for once, to let the kids enjoy their presents on Christmas Day. Usually, we whisk them off to this house, and that house and they don't really get to enjoy their gifts until the next day. But, this was very refreshing!


On December 27th, CS was baptised. It was such a fun day. He was baptized with two other kids. Lindsey and Jackson. Since we are friends with so much of Lindsey's family, we combined our party after the baptism and it was so much fun. We had BBQ pork sandwiches, and then I had everybody bring a salad to share and we had cake from Costco. We had white cake with chocolate filling, and carrot cake. Everything went really smooth! (Except for our friends not being able to come from Boise because of show...)


On New Years Eve, we had a party with the Anderson family. We had a TON of food. I made Oreo Truffles, homemade breadsticks, chocolate chip cookies and we had chips, lasagna, etc... I think we had about 3 times as much food there as we needed. We visited while the kids played, and at midnight, we had a toast with Martinellis and the kids and men went outside to light the fireworks. At about 1 am, we decided to play Dance Dance Revolution. We should have started earlier! We had so much fun! Even the adults all played! We ended up leaving around 3. WOW! That's a record! Then, on New Years day, Ray and I cooked breakfast for their family and ours and had them over for breakfast... well sort of! It was about noon... but you know..... Then we went to the movie Beverly Hills Chihuahua. We had a fun day!



2 comments:

Marly said...

Sounds like an eventful New Years. I loved the kids reaction to the coal. Only boys would get excited about that.
You also failed to mention the fiasco of the timing of the family party. I think she just didn't want to be the one in charge of these things again.

Candice said...

LOL! Yeah, I think I forgot (on purpose) to mention that! I did think about it, but decided that I'd like to forget about it. But thanks for the reminder! and.... yeah, I'm in charge next year... so paybacks?? ;)