This week, our furnace went out. I was upstairs in the living room, and I heard my kids SCREAMING "MOM, MOOOOMM!". So, I ran to the stairs and Little C was hurrying up the stairs crying and I could hear a loud noise. CR quickly ran over to the furnace, and turned off the switch. Luckily, he's helped his dad enough, he knows how it works. I called R at work and was so frustrated. I was thinking, "How on earth are we going to come up with the money to fix this?!" Last time the furnace went out, It was $180 and a 1 week wait for the part. I was just thinking, There is NO way we can go without heat for a week. The temps have been in the 20's. So, I sat down on my bed, and had a good cry. R got home and assessed the situation. The mount on the motor had broken. YIKES! Anyway, lucky for us, I have the worlds best brother! He is SOOOO talented. R called him to see if he would be willing to weld it. R took the part down and my brother dropped what he was doing, and took the time to weld it right then. So, R was back home by 9, and had the furnace up and running right away. The house only had time to get down to 61. And, the best part of all was, there used to be a clicking noise when the furnace would run. Now the furnace is totally silent. WAHOO!! Thanks Mike!!
Today, R is changing the brakes on my car. Seriously, when it rains, it pours. LOL! R has all the boys out there and he is teaching them how to change the brakes. It really warms my heart to see this. The job is taking probably twice as long as it would, but R is taking the time to teach! When R and I got married, he was NO handy man! LOL! In fact, I would say there was no fix-it bone in his body. He never learned any of that from his dad. It would frustrate me, because I came from a home where my dad fixed everything. So, R has learned how to do several things on his own, with help from some friends and family. He has come a long way!
SO, today I am grateful for a wonderful brother and his family (who is patient when he is helping us!) and an amazing husband! Thanks to him, my boys will know how to take care of their families! :)
1 comment:
Candice,
LOL. This required NO patience on my part. If Ray hadn't come down, I wouldn't have been able to watch American Idol since Mike apparently hates that show now. Seriously, you did me the favor.
I am so happy that your furnace is working now. Let's keep our fingers crossed for everything else. Also, yay for Ray for acquiring new talents.
Post a Comment