Friday, February 6, 2009

Holy cow! I know I've posted before about the trials of being a mom. LOL! CR went on his first winter scout camp today. They are sleeping in snow caves. About an hour ago, R called to talk to his friend who is up there... and CR asked to talk to R. He was beside himself. Cold and hungry. They still hadn't had dinner. Wish I would have sent more snacks with the poor boy! Now, if it was up to me, we would have been up there getting him... but I know that's not what we should do. However, R did tell him to call us later if he wanted to come home. This is his first scout camp without dad too. So, that could be part of it. He's kind of a home body. ;) Ben also asked R if CR is claustrophobic. He seems to be a bit stressed about sleeping in the caves. So, hopefully, this will be a good, growing experience for the boy! (and his mom!)

On another note, A had a late night with her friend Lily tonight and since we were having her, I figured, may as well let the boys have friends over too. So J and CS have friends over too. We made cupcakes, and had chips, cookies, etc. The boys are watching Madagascar 2 now. They will be going home in 5 minutes or so. :) It was really fun. I think we will do this more often! The nice thing is, I know when they are going home, and no nagging at them to go to sleep!

No comments: